Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Get to know me, start to love me. Let's face it, we know where this is going.

So this is my first blog entry. Ever. Honestly, what have I signed myself up for? What kind of long-term commitment have I agreed to? Will this be where I dedicate the few free hours I have each week? I mean, let's face it, we're all busy people and yet for some reason, there are those of us (humans, that is) who find a deeply intrinsic gratification in being able to share their feelings, thoughts and opinions with the world. But who honestly cares? Moment of truth: I'm 24, and before you all remind me that "I'm still young" and that I "still have my whole life ahead of me" let me share something with you. Most of my closest friends are between 9-13 years older than me, and I love each and every one of them to death, but they never fail in their efforts to remind me that I'm still "just a baby". I've buried friends and loved ones; I've had my heart broken into so many pieces that there were days I thought I would never be okay again, so I'm 24 but that doesn't make me naive, nor does it mitigate my life experiences. And as I've grown older I've started to wonder how much of myself will be left behind when my time is up. I've never been one for keeping a diary or a journal, and I often forget my camera, so documenting my time with pictures usually isn't an option. So Blogger, that's where you come in, and my mission statement reads as follows: this is what it's like to be a 24-year-old male who has no idea what he wants to do with his life and absolutely no plan for getting there.
This blog is about my love for comic books, my passion for collecting nerd paraphernalia, and my personal experiences with being a nerd, but it will also explore my personal life, my job, my education, my friends and family, and my love life, and my goal is to be as subjective as possible. I won't try to cast myself as a hero if I most certainly play the villain in a particular event, because at the end of the day I'm human, and I make mistakes. But most importantly, this is for me. I'm not writing this blog for anyone else but myself. If you chose to take this journey into my very mundane life with me, know that I appreciate the company, but that I do not require it. I will continue to post on here as long as I find personal value in doing so. That said, here I go into the great unknown...

No comments:

Post a Comment